Mitra S.K. (MSK) is a pioneer in testing of minerals since 1938. MSK at its inception started with testing of Iron Ore and then gradually moved onto Manganese ores, Chrome Ores, Coal, etc. and today sampling and testing are done for about 300 different minerals, ores and processed minerals like pellets, DRI etc. In the company’s Central Laboratory in Kolkata there is usage of both conventional wet chemical methods and also the latest instrumental methods.
Instruments such as the XRF, ICP, AAS, Calorie Meter, Carbon-Hydrogen-Nitrogen-Sulphur meter, Thermo Gravimetric Analyzer which detect composition of minerals from high percentages to ppb levels, are installed in the Central Laboratory and other nodal laboratories around the world. Physical parameters like HGI, TML, FMP, Shatter Index, Drum Index, Decrepitation, CSR-CRI Index etc. can also be checked in the laboratories.
The company commits to a general Turn Around Time of 48 hrs for Mineral testing (72 hours for coal). One of the main reasons this is possible is MSK’s wide network of laboratories. Though these laboratories are geographically spread out, they abide by the company’s core philosophy of Consistent and Accurate results, always.
To achieve this goal, MSK has reinvented itself and created a culture encircled by Consistency, Knowledge and Responsiveness. To MSK this culture is about
- Consistently accurate results at all times
- Provide Results that are reproducible
- To maintain 48 hours turn-around time
- Possess and expand technical knowledge in Chemistry and Instruments
- Undertake applied R&D to develop more accurate methods of testing which is cost effective, quicker and safer
- Commercial knowledge and Business processes involved in various industries
- Exploring the customer’s unmet and unsaid needs
- Sensitizing staff towards:
- Customer needs
- Customer focus
- Response escalation and monitoring system
MSK achieves these through
- State-of-the Art Labs
- Average of 50 hours training imparted to all personnel in a year
- Stringent Standard Testing Procedures
- Use of Ultra-Modern Equipments
- Calibration of Equipments on more frequent basis – every 6 months
- Daily report of field observations
- Qualified, Experienced & Skilled Manpower
- Empowerment of People
- Global Accreditations
- Mistake proofing system and safe working conditions
- Grooming of Technically qualified people
- Regular participation in Workshops, Trade Fair, Conferences, Business Meets etc.
- New Method development blog
- Experimenting and adopting new techniques using new equipment
- Belief that growth is possible only if the customer grows
- Being in touch with the customer, listening to them, accepting their response, even if adverse
- Institutionalizing the customer response within the organization and monitor corrective action
"To view all services provided by MSK please go to"